Friday, October 17, 2008

It was Roy!

I have been corresponding by e-mail with two childhood friends and we have been talking about one of the most impressionable and and memorable times of my childhood. It was when Roy Rogers came to town. I was very young, but I do recall he came to town and ate in a restaurant, signed autographs, but the greatest moment was when he came to my cousin's farm and he and his horse walked into the farm house kitchen. WOW! That was a real no-no for a child. After all, we couldn't bring the farm animals into the kitchen; but all the adults seemed to be enjoying it as much as the kids.

I was always under the impression that it was Trigger, but now I realize Roy was in the area to buy a new horse and that was the horse making his entrance in the kitchen.

He was one of my childhood heroes. www.royrogers.com/museum.html

No comments:

Post a Comment