Friday, December 12, 2008

Just great bread




My good friend, Gloria, is quite a bread baker. She bakes several kinds and she was the one who alerted me to the No Knead Bread. http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/08/dining/081mrex.html?_r=1 It was in the NY Times a couple of years ago, but somehow I missed all the fun. Well, just couldn't let this slip by again since I love crusty bread like you find in Europe. Unless you live in large cities like New York, it is almost impossible to find wonderful crusty bread in America. But now, the layman can make it at home.




It does take planning because you start it the day before, but if you have not tried this, you really should. It turned out a little flat for me, but will try to use a smaller baking pot next time to make it loftier. Oh YUM. Pass the butter!!

1 comment: