Friday, June 18, 2010

Our black bean salad

I can't believe I have never posted anything about our most favorite salad, but after searching today, it seems that this one slipped by. It is a Black Bean Salad that we have been making for years and we really love it.

The recipe is so simple, it is not a recipe. I simple add corn, either fresh, cooked, corn on the cob or out of a can, black beans that are rinsed, sliced green onions, red peppers, a jalapeno, lots of cilantro , a sprinkling of salt and olive oil. Let this marinated for a short time and serve along side a steak or chops or chicken, etc.

We love this so much. I hope you will try it.

Oh no...I forgot to mention a very important ingredient. Lime!! Squeeze lots of lime juice onto the salad. It is the topper!!

13 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:08 PM

    What a gorgeous mix of all my favorite ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of my favorite salads too. I never get tired of this delicious combination of flavors. Its the cilantro and lime that make it so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make something similar and serve it with tortilla chips! I love the combination of flavors. I never thought of it as a side dish but it would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Black beans are a favorite in our house,too. This recipe will be a great addition to our repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious! I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will definitely try that one it sounds very yummy. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it, love it, this looks so healthy and simple!!! I make something similar, but add Italian dressing and more veggies. So refreshing in the summer with anything BBQ!!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found a can of black beans and your recipe looks fresh, tasty, colourful; it has to taste good!thanks
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  9. Susan! I am just about to make that salad and with an avocado sitting on the counter. We love it.
    I wonder how that will go along side of the fresh Copper River Salmon we are having for dinner tonight and with some fresh (sauteed) wild Kale. ;)
    Hope your day is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  10. First of all Susan, I am in love with your nectarine sorbet! Such a gorgeous color and I bet it tastes fabulous!

    And we agree on black bean salad. I adore it. I have a similar recipe but oddly enough, it doesn't have olive oil in the dressing. It's an odd mix of soy sauce, mustard vinegar, water and Tabasco. ( I think I was on a no-fat diet at the time!)
    You've reminded me how good it was, so I'll make it your way with your dressing!
    Hope you're having a lovely weekend, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this recipe. Black bean salad is wonderful. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now that looks good and my kind of cooking...a bit of this and a bit of that and wa-la!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've had this salad (or a variation) and loved it, but have never made it! Looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete