Wednesday, July 28, 2010

How time flies!

Our youngest grandchild, and only girl, Rachel, turns 6 today. The time has flown quickly. We interrupted our retirement and moved back to Wisconsin from Florida for 2 years so that I could help out and take care of Rachel while our daughter was going to nursing school. Those two years were precious and I was six years younger. I don't know if I could do it again.

Little Kippy, to the left, is 14 1/2 and has gone through all four grandchildren, helping to raise them by sneaking cookies out of their hands, jumping in the shower with a grandson because a thunderstorm frightened her, etc.

So, Rachel, a very Happy Birthday to you. I hope your day is very special. Love you, Grandma Susie.

10 comments:

  1. Joy! Rachel is beautiful!! I'm very much looking forward to being a grandmother -- some day. Such a sweet puppy story.

    We are not enjoying another heat wave in these parts. Thank goodness for AC!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, don't children grow up quickly? Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Rachel is a lovely and Kippy is adorable.
    Happy Birthday to Rachel and yes tome does fly.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's so adorable Susan! Is that Kippy in the photo??? Love the crown.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I moved near my daughter to take care of her babies when they were born and now we have a bond that will last forever. They are in grade school now. Time flies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just spent a week with my 4 year old Rachel and I agree about the need for stamina. Don't think I could handle two years these days. Hope you are enjoying the Mountain air. I want to see another fire in the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Rachel! The time you spent with her was priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday to Rachel! She and sweet Kippy look adorable in this photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do hope Rachael had a wonderful day. I like you more each passing day, Susan. You are quite a gal. Enjoy that cool Montana air, its beauty and the solitude that surrounds you. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet blessing to have that opportunity to love on her when she was but a wee babe!

    ReplyDelete